The Data Management Operations Manager will work within our US Data Management Office reporting to the Head of Data Management, US Region, and will be supporting the execution of the US Data Strategy initiative. The Operations Manager is a key member of our Data Management Office who will work collaboratively with Business and IT stakeholders. The incumbent will maintain a detailed knowledge base of the underlying data and data structures, providing oversight toward the development and reporting on Data Quality of the US Data Hub and the interrelationship between core elements of the data repository.
- Own the data feedback loop with the functional units and lines of business; Responsible for issue management and training and communication regarding data quality issues
- Monitor data quality performance against established plans, metrics and KPIs; design reports and dashboards for data quality
- Interpret data and analyze results to identify trends; evaluating and identifying root causes; make recommendations for solutions and process improvements
- Maintain an effective framework to collaborate with technology to implement processes for quality control and accuracy as well as change management
- Manage day-to-day activities in support of the data warehouse and related data governance environment; Identify operational opportunities to improve processes to keep the team as efficient as possible
- Understand existing technical landscape and processes; Work closely with subject matter experts to gain knowledge of applications and source systems; Understand the taxonomies and data relationships
- 10-15 years of experience, preferably in the Financial Services industry
- Experience in rapidly changing environments
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work effectively with others; outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to break down barriers and build consensus among project team members
- Highly oriented towards details and results
- 3+ years of experience as a manager of a data/systems focused teams or equivalent experience
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Proven self-starter requiring little oversight
- Technically adept with strong computer skills.
- Ability to work with data models.
- Quickly learn new techniques and tools
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Albany, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A