Website Chevron Corporation
Primary duties of a WSR are the safe and efficient execution of all well workover and completion operations. Position is responsible to direct day to day well site operations on land-based completion and workover operations at a fundamental application level for sidetracks, new well completions, hydraulic fracturing, coil tubing and jobs with varying degree of workover scope. Key job responsibilities are working in a team environment to ensure the safety of all personnel on location and compliance with all applicable environmental regulations, managing day to day activities of contractor personnel and business partners, managing logistics for personnel and equipment to and from location, providing accurate daily reports to the Superintendent and data entry into the Chevron database system, and maintaining accurate cost control. Skilled application for communication skills is imperative.
- Leads well control drills using Drillpad and engages the crew in improving well control practices.
- Carries out responsibilities with a strong emphasis on performance improvement.
- Reinforces HES processes in all aspects of day to day operations including JSA’s, safety meetings, Tenets of
- Operations, RCA investigations, near miss reporting.
Works well with others in a multi-functional team environment.
- Ensures operations are conducted in accordance with sound engineering practices and compliance with all safety and environmental laws and regulations.
- Provides direction to Business Partners on all aspects of completion and workover operations.
- Sets clear expectations and provides feedback to employees and Contractor personnel.
Qualification & Experience:
- 10 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Basic completion and workover supervision experience including land-based workover and completions operations.
- Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills.
- Position requires that the individual be able to work a 14×14 rotational schedule.
- Ability to lead and supervise diverse rig teams to achieve Incident Free operations.
- Diverse completion and workover supervision experience for land-based workover and completions operations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in leading and supervising diverse rig teams to achieve Incident Free operations.
- Previous experience to include a strong emphasis on performance improvement.
Company: Chevron Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management, Manufacturing
Job Location: Bakersfield, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A