Website BNSF Railway
- Programming background and exposure to python is required.
- Directly responsible for all phases of development and testing of designed solutions
- Design, develop, implement, document, and support various internally developed machine learning models to support Positive Train Control (PTC) analytics
- Generation of accurate timeline estimates, open communication regarding development status, and issues, and ensuring best practices are followed in implementing technical solutions
- Strong understanding of basic statistics, linear algebra and calculus.
- Use technology systems/applications development experience to analyze requirements, evaluate design alternatives, and develop software solutions that meet business objectives
- Able to build analytics solution from scratch. Includes data exploration, extraction, cleaning, transformation, modeling, testing and implementation.
- Expertise in building machine learning algorithms using at least one of the following languages: Python, R and Scala
- Expert in Python, R, and Scala
- 5+ years experience in data analytics, data mining and statistical analysis.
- Candidate is a team player. Shares knowledge. Able to work in high performing teams and deliver under pressure situations
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with natural language processing and text mining.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied
- Mathematics or related field or related experience.
- Open to learn new tools and technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exposure to any reporting tool. Tableau is preferred.
- Able to identify underlying problems and appropriate techniques for solving them
Company: BNSF Railway
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Beaumont, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A