Website BNSF Railway
This position is accountable for maintenance and repair of railroad track equipment assigned to the Engineering Department. Responsible for the disassembly, repair, modification, overhaul, remanufacture and troubleshooting of the railroad’s roadway maintenance equipment machinery and their various operating and control systems.
- Gasoline and diesel engines, fuel systems, diagnostics, etc.
- Operate large manual hand tools and electric, pneumatic, or hydraulic hand tools such as drills and impact wrenches
- Hydraulic systems and their associated components, pumps, valves, motors, filters and hoses, etc.
- Final and planetary drive systems, gear reduction assemblies, and all other structural and working components
- Occasionally operate backhoes, trenchers, and other heavy equipment
- Pneumatic air systems including compressors, control valves, air braking systems and dryers, etc.
- Driveline components, axles, bearings, ring and pinions, springs, roller chains and sprockets, etc.
- Able to work safely in the above working conditions
- Able to visually distinguish colors – red, blue, green, yellow and lunar (clear light)
- 21 years of age or older
- Possess a valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with HAZMAT and air brake endorsements or able to obtain one within first 60 days of employment
- Four years minimum of verifiable mechanical work experience or training
- Ability to discriminate and differentiate between verbal and non-verbal sounds (signals, alarms, etc.) in the work environment
- Able to work the above shift/hours
Able to read, write and communicate (speak, hear and understand) English
- Able to lift and carry up to 60 lbs occasionally
- Able to meet the above travel requirements
Company: BNSF Railway
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Davenport, IA, US
Application Deadline: N/A