The Senior Private Banker-Business Development Officer will work with the Managing Director and BMO Private Bank partners to ensure the comprehensive delivery of BMO Wealth Management and BMO Harris Bank capabilities. This role will also be an active member of the community representing BMO Wealth Management in philanthropic and community organizations.
- Make the existing client a BMO Wealth Management advocate to generate new referrals: ask for referrals and introductions to other potential HNW clients.
- Know and understand the clients financial history, and family and personal information in order to assemble the appropriate
- BMO Private Bank client service team, customize and manage client communications and touch points, and target client entertainment and education opportunities, etc.
- Drive and direct the sales process by frequently proactively contacting clients and by initiating cross sales referrals to BMO
- Wealth Management partners and BMO business partners.
- Exercise exceptional quality service standards to maximize client retention and growth.
- Participate in prospect, client, community and business events to enhance the image of BMO Private Bank in an effort to retain and build upon existing and new business within the market.
- Achieve new business development sales goals, supported by monthly growth plan meetings.
- Expand existing portfolio through new client acquisitions by proactively sourcing prospective clients within BMO Private Bank defined target market.
- Perform all required Lead Relationship Manager responsibilities, activities, touch points and client retention standards including:
- Professional Standards, Prospect Experience, On-boarding Experience, Ongoing Experience.
- Expert business development and cross-sales skills.
- This position requires Credit Qualification. The incumbent must possess an Expert knowledge of Credit and Portfolio
- Management in accordance with the established BMO Harris Bank Credit Qualification PGP.
- Expert interpersonal and listening skills and ability to effectively interact with business owners, professionals and wealthy individuals
- Industry experience: minimum 5-7 years banking and credit experience
- Maintain Expert and current knowledge of BMO Private Bank and BMO Harris Bank policies and procedures, processes, relevant legal and regulatory requirements, banking products, systems, technology and reports that support Commercial and Retail loan and deposit processes.
- Expert commercial lending and consumer lending skills, and ability to manage risk in a complex cross-functional environment
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or related field, CFP or Advanced degree preferred
- Expert client service orientation and relationship development skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Finance, Sales
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A