Website Bureau of Land Management
First time hires to the Federal government salaries are normally set at the beginning of the salary range listed above. Applicants are encouraged to use the USA Jobs resume template. However, if you do not use the template you must ensure your resume contains ALL required information which includes hours worked, starting and ending months and years, and if Federal employment (series, pay plan, and grade).
- Develop land use plan proposals, alternatives, and modifications for resource management plans and revisions
- Analyze issues and concerns for BLM managers and solicitors, compiling and drafting documents on responses, conclusions and recommendations
- Consults with affected parties to determine the significance of concerns and devises potential conflict resolutions
- Designs, prepares and administers forest development projects including site preparation, reforestation, seedling protection, precommercial thinning and fertilization, vegetation management and stand conversion
- This position will support the lead Forester in the development of forestry projects and NEPA documents
- Performs on-the-ground technical evaluations of forest and woodland products sale program activities
- Plans and implements technical projects in support of forestry-oriented, multiple-use land management programs, including coordination with appropriate staff and other agencies to accomplish the work.
- Collects and documents data during field examination of forest stands
- You have 2 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master’s degree or master’s or equivalent graduate degree.
- You must have at least one year of specialized work experience equivalent to the GS-7 grade level in the Federal service performing the following:
- Evaluating environmental assessments to report on public concerns, opportunities, and alternatives
- Drafting advertisement documents on forestry projects following the appropriate policy and guidance
- Performing on-the-ground technical evaluations of forest and woodland products
- Developing contract stipulations and exhibits to meet special conditions to reduce environmental impacts.
- This experience must be comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-7 level in the Federal service.
- May be required to complete background investigation.
- A one year trial/probationary period may be required.
- U.S. Citizenship Required.
Company: Bureau of Land Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Glasgow, MT, US
Application Deadline: N/A