Website Bureau of Land Management
Explore a new career with the BLM – where our people are our greatest natural resource.
This position is located in Las Vegas, NV. Information about Las Vegas and the surrounding area can be found at http://www.lvchamber.com/. We expect to fill a few vacancies at this time; however, additional positions may be filled from this announcement if they become available.
- Leads and directs interdisciplinary teams carrying out environmental studies and evaluations.
- Responsible for maintaining consistent, timely communications with all internal and external customers
- Provides direction and support to interdisciplinary team members to meet project timelines by assisting in document preparation or finalization.
- Develops, institutes, coordinates, and engages internally and externally, with Federal, state, local, and tribal governments, project sponsors, and the public to manage expectations through information sharing and strategic messaging.
- Independently plan and coordinate work, develop cost estimates, track costs, monitor progress, and provide status briefings to management.
- Assures early identification of project risks, problems or issues and facilitates the resolution of identified risks, problems or issues in the most appropriate manner.
- Direct Deposit Required.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- One (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-11) in the federal service.
- Specialized experience is further defined as: use of project management techniques on complex and/or controversial projects relating to land use, including leading interdisciplinary teams for compliance with environmental laws, regulations, and policies (i.e. NEPA, ESA, NHPA)
- Effective oral and written communications with internal and external stakeholders regarding complex or controversial projects.
- May require a one year probationary trial period.
Company: Bureau of Land Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Las Vegas, NV, US
Application Deadline: N/A