Website Bureau of Land Management
Explore a new career with the BLM – where our people are our greatest natural resource. This position is located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Information about Milwaukee, Wisconsin and the surrounding area can be found at here. We expect to fill one vacancy at this time; however, additional positions may be filled from this announcement if they become available.
- Responsible for the acquisition and administration of the human, financial, material, and information resources necessary for the operation of the District in a manner which instills public trust and accomplishes the agency?s mission.
- Responsible for developing and implementing strategies which maximize employee potential and foster high ethical standards in meeting the BLM?s vision, mission and goals.
- Responsible for development and implementation of the District?s vision/strategy which integrates key national and state program goals, priorities, values, and political, economic, social, technological and administrative factors.
- Responsible for applying the policies and programs of the Department in the management of natural resources which includes stressing results by formulating strategic program plans that assess feasibility and include realistic goals and objectives.
- Serves as an advisor to the State Director concerning implementation of policies and programs within the District which involves providing feedback to the State Director as issues arise which potentially have Statewide policy implications.
- Responsible for the technical and administrative supervision of a large and complex staff, which requires managing work through subordinate supervisors including Field Managers, team leaders, and/or contractors who each direct substantial workloads.
- Responsible for establishing and enhancing working relationships and alliances within the District as well as with others outside of the District office with the intent of finding common ground with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Working with an established budget system
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Experience in personnel management principles and techniques, including supervision, evaluation, motivation, discipline, planning, and organization.
- Direct Deposit Required.
- Demonstrated examples of experience with leadership and management (most often second line supervisors and above) in a variety of natural resource programs within a multiple-use framework
- Key elements in your experience will include experience with public lands, energy, mineral and/or renewable resources, effective interagency relationships, and managing public lands for multiple-use.
Company: Bureau of Land Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Milwaukee, WI, US
Application Deadline: N/A