The successful candidate will initially support the management of quantitative portfolio strategies investing in European credit fixed income assets. The role is expected to develop to involve primary responsibility for some of these strategies. Investment decisions will be based on the output of investment models but also incorporate factors outside of the models’ scope.
- Working closely with researchers to improve investment performance through fine-tuning existing models and providing new market insights that can be used systematically within a modelling framework;
- Interfacing with Product Strategists to facilitate the marketing of the product set and providing regular feedback that can be used in client communications;
- Managing and using derivatives to hedge out the team’s FX and interest rate risk across all strategies managed by the team.
- Utilising trade insights derived from quant models, and leveraging market knowledge to apply a fundamental overlay to those trade insights, in order to determine where to invest;
- Interacting with the market and the BlackRock trading desk to get trades executed;
- 5-10 years’ investment experience, with some buyside experience preferable;
- Deep credit sector and market knowledge, with thorough understanding of the European High Yield sector in particular;
- Ability and willingness to work within a systematic and quantitative investment process (if not doing so already);
- Strong computing and quantitative modelling skills would be a distinct advantage;
- The desire and ability to work in a in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, with a willingness to challenge others’ views and be challenged without being confrontational;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A