The Senior Network Engineer takes responsibility for major designs, installation, configuration, implementation and support of all aspects of the network environment, providing technical guidance and oversight and acting as a point of escalation and technical expert.
- Performs root cause analysis, resolves problems and recommends solutions.
- Establishes guidelines and standards for capacity management review and establishes standards for network operations.
- Understands the intricacies of combined onshore-offshore support models
- Performs detailed designs of new or changing network infrastructure.
- Installs, configures, maintains, and replaces network hardware and software.
- Conducts multiple levels of testing prior to release of new and upgraded network systems, products or services.
- Provides advice, assistance and leadership into designs, documents, communicates, and enforces network standards, policies and procedures for standardizing network assets.
- Participates in network architecture reviews.
- Current CCNA network certification or greater
- Working expertise with firewalls, access control lists, and load balancers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- 5-8 years of experience
- Working knowledge of security strategies and practices
- Working knowledge/experience with Cisco Nexus (N7K or newer)
- Working expertise with routing and switching technologies – Deep knowledge of Cisco routing protocols including WaaS, iWan, and PfR
- Working expertise in network device monitoring and capacity planning
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A