Models and delivers a distinctive and delightful customer experience.
Registers sales on assigned cash register, provides customers with courteous, fair, friendly, and efficient checkout service.
- Provides customers with courteous, friendly, fast, and efficient service.
- Recommends items for sale to customer and recommends trade-up and/or companion items.
- Ensures compliance with state and local laws regarding regulated products (e.g., alcoholic beverages and tobacco products).
- Constructs and maintains displays, including promotional, seasonal, super structures, and sale merchandise. Completes resets and revisions as directed.
- Registers customer purchases on assigned cash register, collects cash and distributes change as requested; processes voids, returns, rain checks, refunds, and exchanges as needed.
- Assists with separation of food items (e.g., raw foods from pre-cooked) and product placement as specified by policies/procedures (e.g., raw and frozen meats on bottom shelves). For consumable items, assists in stock rotation, using the first in, first out method and restock outs.
- Implements Company asset protection procedures to identify and minimize profit loss.
- Keeps counters and shelves clean and well merchandised, takes inventory, and maintains records. Checks in and prices merchandise as required or as directed by store manager or communicated by the shift leader.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English. (Except in Puerto Rico)
- Prefer six months of experience in a retail environment.
- Requires willingness to work flexible schedule, including evenings and weekend hours.
- Prefer to have prior work experience with Walgreens.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Metairie, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A