Website South African Revenue Service (SARS)
The main purpose of the role is to ensure that SARS operates within its set risk appetite obligations in order to avert adverse impact and maximise opportunities within the entire organisation in line with the SARS Vision 2024 and Strategic Intent.
- Advise the business on maintenance of data on risk management information repository (BarnOwl).
- Participate in the development of the risk management framework, policy and guidelines and other risk artefacts
- Prepare SARS risk reports for both internal and external stakeholders
- Consolidate sub-cluster risk registers into excel for reporting
- Review the risk registers from a second line perspective
- Developing and implementing risk recording and reporting processes and standards aligned to the governance standards followed by SARS and the expectations of the governing and oversight bodies (e.g. Commissioner, Audit and Risk Committee).
- Implement the risk management business plan
- Monitoring the implementation of the progress of activities to address risks as agreed upon
- Conduct engagement and awareness sessions to facilitate risk management buy-in and integration of principles in specific business processes.
- Update the revised risk response activities
- Build and maintain strong relationships with designated segment / business unit
- Ability to translate Strategy into Execution
- Develop deep understanding of segment dynamics across the value chain
- Stewardship & Service Orientation
- Strong orientation and insight relevant to the Enterprise Risk Management Discipline and profession
- Develops Teams & Nurtures Interdependency (breaks down silo tendencies)
- Responsive to External Environment factors impacting on the segment / business unit
- Continuous Improvement & Resource Efficiency Commitment
- Inspires others to Positive Action
- Attention-to-detail Orientation
Company: South African Revenue Service (SARS)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A