Website Total Sports
Our iconic ladieswear fashion and beauty brand Foschini, is offering an exciting opportunity for a Graphic Designer. Foschini has been dressing fashionable South African women for almost 100 years, supporting women to create a better future.
- Planning, driving and collaborating on the art direction ensuring execution excellence
- Briefing – Interpreting briefs, giving and receiving relevant feedback to ensure fresh, creative delivery aligned to the strategic intent.
- Collaborating with key partners and team members to ensure execution is strategically aligned supporting the brand purpose and business objectives.
- Reports directly to the Marketing Manager.
- Responsible for managing the deadlines for formal sign-off and presenting the full concept and deliverables to the business partners.
- Constantly staying abreast of design and fashion macro and micro trends is critical ensuring that execution is relevant and fashion credible.
- Ensuring that key Customer insights are considered and reflecting core target market and strategic objectives.
- Responsible for designing all the elements to communicate the campaign message from digital, e-commerce through to in-store ensuring the brand and creative direction is strategically aligned across all channels.
- Conceptualising campaign concepts (art direction, design, layout, typography, photography, video etc) inspired by the relevant merchandise trends and the South African consumer.
- A good understanding of trending content is important to ensure content is relevant.
- People and supplier relationship management.
- Strong creative and design skills.
- Strong understanding of brand management, consumer behaviour and pop culture.
- Project management: attention to detail and excellent time management.
- Love fashion, retail and passionate about empowering the women of South Africa.
- Self-managed individual with the ability to work effectively independently and within a team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to present concepts and ideas to all levels of leadership.
- Resilient, courageous and confident with the ability to take constructive feedback.
- Good business and budget acumen.
- Creative and strategic thinker who can think on their feet offering solutions or ideas
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite – proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator is critical.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Graphic Designer/Art Director/Creative Coordinator.
- Tertiary degree or 3 year diploma in design and multimedia.
- Experience with print and digital media.
Company: Total Sports
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A