Website Total Sports
We are looking for a dynamic, creative and energetic Data Analyst to join our Planning team. Have you got what it takes?
- Use predictive modelling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, and other business outcomes.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement problem solving models and monitor outcomes.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop a testing framework and test model quality.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development opportunities, inbound logistics and business strategies.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Periscope, Business Objects, D3, ggplot, Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques
- We’re looking for someone with 3- 5 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models and KPI dashboards , has a relevant Tertiary Qualification in Statistics, Information systems, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Knowledge and experience with coding languages
- Experience working with data architectures.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Tableau, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
- Experience creating and using algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, etc.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (SQL etc) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: for example SQL.
Company: Total Sports
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Avondale, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A