As the Training Specialist, you will be a subject matter expert responsible for planning, developing, delivering and evaluating training & assessment programmes on behalf of Rail for London (Infrastructure) Ltd, to ensure that statutory, business and route performance requirements are met. With experience of training Railway Operations including Incident response, signallers, ECO’s or with the working knowledge of the RFLI Traffic Management Systems.
- Oversee and comply with systems and process that underpin the establishment of a high performing workforce embed the principles throughout the training and competence assessments cycles.
- Undertake competence assessments and produce development improvement plans where shortfalls are identified, taking immediate corrective action where candidates fail to meet minimum competence requirements.
- Provide technical input and expertise on matters pertaining to learning and development of employees to drive an overall improvement in business performance.
- Develop training & assessment materials (including eLearning, classroom learning and simulations) to optimal efficiency whilst continuing achieve the intended outcome.
- Identify training and development needs for employees and contractors to ensure statutory, requirements for safety critical work activities are met.
- Support as directed the operational integrity of the network by developing and maintaining individual competence in the roles for which the post holder is certified competent to assess.
- Deliver Signaller (Traffic Manager) or ECO (Traffic Manager) training / assessments
- Deliver and adapt training using a range of different interactive methods (including coaching & mentoring) whilst ensuring the learner is at the centre of the learning process.
- Support as directed activities within the wider organisation in order to share knowledge, experience and best practice in order maintain capability within the business.
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively with rail industry stakeholders.
- Member of the Chartered Institute for Professional Development
- Ability to establish a course of action for self and others, managing time, resources and surrounding circumstances to deliver objectives.
- Ability to coach and mentor people within own team and across the supply chain.
- Level 3 Certificate in Education and Training
- Ability to act as a role model for the business and rail industry stakeholders.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in developing cross-functional training programmes.
- Experience in developing and promoting best practice at an industry level.
- Experience in assessing competence.
- Experience in training Signallers or ECO’s
- Experience of working in multi-disciplined training establishments.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Romford, GB
Application Deadline: N/A