We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard- working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great. takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Operations Manager – Returns to join our team at the Johannesburg Warehouse.
- Ensuring all work areas are clean and tidy and safe for staff to work in (housekeeping)
- Align with Market place and ensure and queries are resolved within the agreed TAT
- Effective leadership and direction for the operations team through involvement and communication to deliver on the relevant key business drivers
- Manage control measures to ensure mistakes, inaccuracies and discrepancies are highlighted, addressed and resolved
- Ensure that all the documents related to the products unwanted by the customers are in order
- Place stock in designated areas for ongoing projects
- Manage and implement the Returns Policy and ensure that it is strictly adhered to, from the time the returned stock arrives back at the warehouse.
- Drive continuous improvement measures within your department
- Manage and ensure that returns department is well organised and controlled to sufficiently support production and the goals of the business
- Produce daily reports to ensure key critical areas of the returns process are controlled
- Collaborate with the DC managers and Champions in order to perform detailed inventory control measures
- Conform to all Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) standards and legislation as set out by the business and the OHS Act
- Reconcile all customer returns by reason code
- In case the stock is not in a sellable condition, the DC Assistants have to prepare the products for transportation to the clients. They must prepare all the paperwork related to these operations.
- Implement improvement processes and maintain policies and procedures and systems to minimise costs and maximize working capital
- Measure and manage staff through formal staff appraisals, development, coaching and disciplinary procedures
- Must be willing to work overtime as and when required. This overtime will be unpaid due to the level of the position
- Good team player, hard worker, willing to be flexible with a positive attitude
- Possess excellent personal organisation and business administration skills in accordance with modern best practice methods.
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment.
- Have a detailed understanding of inventory control / warehouse management systems (including reverse logistics)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be able to work as part of a multi-cultural team
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous experience in reverse logistics advantagous
- 5+ years in a management role would be advantageous
- 5-10 years previous experience the Logistics, Supply Chain, Warehousing and Distribution environment.
- Degree in supply chain, industrial engineering,
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A