Website Stellenbosch University
SU International contributes towards Stellenbosch University’s aspiration to be an internationally recognised research-intensive institution, rooted in Africa with a global reach. SU International promotes and enables internationalisation at SU as an augmented comprehensive process involving faculties and PASS environments
- Assisting with pre-registration of all international students to verify their immigration documentation and fees before academic registration;
- Conducting credential evaluation and determining Matriculation Exemption status of applicants as part of the academic administrative service within SU International;
- Effectively and accurately conducting the evaluation of the school qualifications of international undergraduate applicants to consider the application for admission to undergraduate degree programmes at SU.
- Implementing and interpreting agreed policies and procedures in respect of recommendations for admission/non-admission;
- Preparing the letter of undertaking after the applicant accepted the offer and dispatching the document through the system to the applicant for visa purposes;
- Undertaking any other duties or tasks as requested or delegated by the Manager: SUI-Services Centre.
- Accurately capturing, validating and correcting data inputs.
- Uploading the documents on the USAf website and following up on the status of the certificate to ensure that it is uploaded on the SU system.
- Quickly and accurately evaluating applications to ensure timely consideration for admission and that it corresponds with the established closing dates and timelines;
- Assisting international undergraduate students with applying for their matriculation exemption certificate by verifying and certifying the original results;
- Expanding knowledge of international qualification evaluation processes.
- Assisting students with academic or any other enquiry by referring them to the appropriate services available on campus;
- Issuing letters of continuation (LOC) to international undergraduate students whose study visas are expiring;
- Ensuring effective communication with applicants, prospective students, enrolled students, parents and internal stakeholders in terms of applications, admissions and registration enquiries and processes.
- Making suggestions with regards to streamlining processes and policy changes to international undergraduate applicants where applicable, and recommending alternatives should the need occur;
- Ensuring that application and admission records are accurately stored;
- Processing applications, evaluating school leaving qualifications and making recommendations on the suitability of applicants for possible admission;
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team;
- A National Diploma/Degree and at least three years’ administrative experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, with the focus on customer service;
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to adhere to strict deadlines;
- The ability to liaise appropriately and effectively with individuals at all levels, both within and outside the University;
- The ability to give attention to detail;
- Operational knowledge of applications, admissions and registration process within the University.
- Proven computer proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams);
- Making sound decisions and judgments as part of duties on a day-to-day basis;
- General office and administrative competence, insight, and clear systematic work methods;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask under pressure;
- Understanding policy and quality assurance of processes and data and the ability to adhere to rules and strictly follow it;
Company: Stellenbosch University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A