Website Stellenbosch University
It is the primary objective of the Centre for Student Counselling and Development to be a centre that is focused on student wellness and development. The CSCD consists of four units and delivers an autonomous, professional, client centered service that focuses on support and development. This position reports to the Senior Director: Division Student Affairs.
- Closely collaborating with faculties and other support service divisions regarding student wellness;
- Representing the University at relevant external forums;
- Providing support to the Senior Director: Student Affairs;
- Responsible for financial and staff management of the Centre (including performance management and staff development);
- Initiating and executing relevant research in order to maintain cutting edge service delivery.
- Providing a consultation service to management, committees and faculties;
- Managing the Centre’s Psychology CPD Well Programme for sustainable accreditation of psychologists;
- Managing the development and implementation of an integrated psychology service to enrolled students;
- Overall management and coordination of all the Centre’s activities;
- A Master’s degree in Psychology;
- Proof of involvement with student counselling and development on a national level.
- Professional registration with the HPCSA as Psychologist;
- Exceptional verbal and written language skills in English and Afrikaans;
- Proven experience of administration (including financial administration);
- Proven exposure to the science practitioner model;
- Proven knowledge of and experience in student counselling and development;
- At least five year’s management experience in a public Higher Education environment;
Company: Stellenbosch University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A