Website Stellenbosch University
The Department of Private Law is responsible for teaching several of the core modules in the LLB curriculum. This includes the Law of Persons, Family Law, African Customary Law, Law of Succession, Property Law, Law of Civil Procedure, Law of Contract, Law of Delict and Specific Contracts. The Department also offers various electives at final year level and a selection of modules at postgraduate level, including modules which focus on Family Law and Children’s Rights. The Department also has a strong focus on research within these fields as well as other private law areas.
- Lecturing in Children’s Rights and Family Law and other law modules
- Performing such other duties as assigned by the Faculty.
- Actively researching, writing and publishing in the assigned field(s) of law
- Contributing to the administrative functioning of the Faculty
- Postgraduate supervision
- LLD or an appropriate PhD in Private Law (for appointment as Professor, Associate Professor or Senior Lecturer)
- An established record of publication in accredited law journals (for appointment as Professor or Associate Professor), or at least some publications in accredited law journals (for appointment as Senior Lecturer)
- Experience in postgraduate mentorship and supervision (for appointment as Professor, Associate Professor or Senior Lecturer)
- Experience in undergraduate teaching.
- Postgraduate qualification(s) which focuses on Family Law and/or Children’s Rights
- Experience in teaching Family Law and/or Children’s Rights at undergraduate or postgraduate level
- A strong interest in research
- Good interpersonal relationships
- Legal practical experience
- NRF rating
- Strong academic record.
Company: Stellenbosch University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A