Website Standard Bank South Africa
To implement the Brand architecture, positioning, and creative style for Standard Bank brands to build long-term awareness, power in the mind (consideration), relevance, and consistency. To provide brand management and execution expertise and best practice to improve brand equity, including the creation and distribution of assets and tools. Translate Standard Banks brand strategy into marketing and communication activities to deliver the right message to the right audience in the right way.
- Contribute to the strategic evaluation of the Standard Bank brand positioning in line with Group Strategy and focus areas.
- Liaise with and inspire specialist brand agencies, creative agencies, media agencies, events agencies, digital and social media agencies and PR agencies to consistently and creatively implement our brand positioning and assets in their outputs.
- Measure the execution of Brand-specific marketing and communication campaigns to determine the impact and success and share learnings across the Group.
- Find, create and align Brand content across all channels, proactively and on-demand.
- Drive engagement across geographies to find opportunities to align and integrate activities.
- Contribute as a Brand Specialist to the positioning and perception of Standard Bank as a leading brand across Countries.
- Monitor competitor activity and consumer trends to understand the context in which Standard Bank operates and identify opportunities to ensure alignment to world-class brands.
- Analyse and keep up to date on consumer behaviour, culture, competitors, and market trends across Africa and track how the Standard Bank brand is communicated across the markets.
- Conduct market, industry and competitor research to keep up to date with branding and consumer behaviour trends.
- Position Standard Bank as a socially-relevant brand using the right client/consumer insight, messages, campaigns, platforms, opportunities and content.
- Provide subject matter expertise in setting of brand style standards and guidelines as part of the Brand and Marketing toolbox and minimum standards.
- Distinguish Standard Bank from its competitors by owning defined attributes that are attractive to consumers and drive Group-wide campaigns.
- Provide training and development to country Brand and Marketing managers to ensure country, Client Segments, Client Solutions and Centre Marketing teams understand the Standard Bank brand DNA and story to ensure alignment and consistency across the Group.
- A Chartered Marketer (CMSA) or Marketing Practitioner (MPSA) accreditation with MASA, the professional body for the South African marketing industry, will provide credibility to this job as a specialist SME in brand positioning and marketing.
Qualification & Experience:
- A first degree in Business Commerce, Arts, Marketing or Communications would be a minimum requirement for the role.
- The role requires an experienced specialist, who is client-and-partner focused, with the ability to drive the implementation of the Brand strategy as well as respond to new opportunities and challenges. Proven organisational capability and profound knowledge of the full dimensions of the brand management and marketing field, gained from a track record of 7 years. Capable of influencing and collaborating with peers across Africa Regions and Segments, without direct control of outcomes.
Company: Standard Bank South Africa
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rose Bank, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A