Website Spirit Airlines
The Crew Scheduler accurately schedules, monitors, and provides efficient customer service to the Pilots and Flight Attendants following contractual and regulatory rules, insuring adequate crewing of flights while maintaining the integrity of Spirit’s flight schedule in the Operation Control Center (OCC).
- Reschedules or assigns crews to flights based on direction from Crew Analyst or Supervisor to assure operational reliability.
- Assigns all open flying to crew members while adhering to Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR), Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA), and company policy.
- Books crew deadheads and provides confirmation of record locators to crew members.
- Monitors crew member check-in to assure coverage, and notifies departments for attendance issues. Receives crew absence notifications and promptly schedules replacement crew.
- Organizes and processes trip trades in accordance with labor agreement and company policy.
- Monitors all crew and pairing exception reports, and makes adjustments accordingly.
- Exercises decision making authority that complies with CBA and company policy while using resources efficiently.
- Schedules, modifies, and confirms crew lodging requirements on layovers. Coordinates timely ground transportation for crew members to/from hotel and airports.
- Interacts with Flight Operations and Inflight crew members to communicate scheduling requirements.
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate (e.g. emergencies change in workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
- Must be able to successfully complete intense 90 day training program.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to learn and efficiently use crew scheduling and reservation software.
- Previous crew scheduling or airline experience a plus.
- Previous Sabre Crew Management and Flica Software experience desired.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office Products.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with team members in a demanding, high-stress environment.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally by telephone and in writing.
- Great customer service skills working with internal and external customer.
- Possess intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel.
- Must be a quick thinker, and be able to organize and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, operational environment.
- Must be able to learn, comprehend, and accurately apply FAR and CBA regulations to insure compliance with crew member regulatory duty and rest rules.
- Must possess superior communication and operational resolution skills with management, crews, labor representatives and OCC team members.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. College degree highly preferred.
- 1+ years of customer service experience.
Company: Spirit Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Orlando, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A