Ascertain that mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic plant and equipment are maintained to a safe condition and compliant with any specific regulations.
- Dismantle plant or machinery and remove damaged or worn parts. Fit and assemble parts to rebuild plant or machinery.
- Examine faulty plant or machinery and ascertain nature and location of defects.
- Fit high-pressure fire suppression systems, fluid power, and hydraulic circuits, including the construction of hard and flexible pipelines.
- Install or reposition plant or machinery. Test and adjust them for correct functioning, including modifying standard machinery for special purposes.
- Operate overhead crane / basic slinging in line with safety and business requirements.
- Repair defective parts, obtain replacement parts, or prepare new parts using hand and machine tools.
- Make penetrations through bulkheads (walls) and work with Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP) and Fibre Reinforced Plastic (FRP).
- Comply with discipline related standards, governance, safety measures, and legal requirements.
- Set up propulsion components (e.g. shafts, propellers, and rudders), engines, and gearboxes.
- Cut, thread, or hammer pipes to specifications, using tools such as cutting torches.
- Fabricate and weld valve bank frames and perform other welding requirements.
- Select, mix, and apply various bonding agents and sealants (cosmetic and structural).
- Carry out routine tasks such as cleaning, oiling, and greasing, according to schedule.
- Valid driver’s license
Qualification & Experience:
- 2+ relevant years
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mbombela, Mpumalanga , SA
Application Deadline: N/A