Ensure the success of the Alexander project by proving accurate and timeous geological information to other stakeholders, enabling optimal decisions in all facets of the project.
- Ensure that all geological processes adhere to prescribed standards.
- Ensure timeous and accurate compilation of geological models and Resource and Reserve statements, following approved standards.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with relevant stakeholders, including consultants, to deliver accurate geological predictions.
- Compile and submit to management weekly, monthly, and ad-hoc geological predictability and risk reports.
- Complete logging of boreholes and validation of lithological and analytical data as per standards.
- Evaluate geological information on an ongoing basis, identify shortcomings and make recommendations to mitigate.
- Coordinate and integrate vertical and directional drilling activities to enable enhanced geological knowledge and confidence and reduce unexpected geological incidents.
- Provide regular feedback to all stakeholders to ensure alignment wrt all geological developments on the project.
- Apply evidence-based SHE practices in alignment with set standards for safe operations.
- Enable and verify understanding of the ore body by all relevant stakeholders to optimise mine health and minimise risks and threats.
- Ensure all activities and outputs of the Geology Department occur as scheduled and required.
- Knowledgeable of the theory, purpose, architecture and design of the management, administration and relationships of the organization’s data.
- Knowledge of the Information Technology Industry including trends, emerging technology, best practices, competition, regulations, and legislation.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3+ relevant years
- University Bachelor’s Degree (BSc Hons Geology)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Emalahleni, Mpumalanga , SA
Application Deadline: N/A