Website South African Revenue Service (SARS)
To enable holistic solutions from an applications architecture domain perspective that support & promote the strategic and business capability with minimal business and solution risk, to ensure sustainability of SARS systems technology, to integrate and align architectures with the overarching Enterprise.
- Participate in governance activities to ensure compliance with domain architectures to reduce costs, mitigate risks & obtain maximum benefit.
- Provide architectural expertise for organisational projects and ensure that there is common architecture across the portfolio of the organisation.
- Apply practical and applied knowledge and act authoritatively on methods, systems and procedures to identify trends and potential risks.
- Conduct analysis of data patterns to inform improvement opportunities in systems & liaison with external parties with which SARS systems interface.
- Conduct feasibility studies, proof of concepts with relevant parties in order to improve business efficiency and productivity.
- Plan for and set clear priorities and measurable milestones that will deliver on the organisational strategic objectives.
- Develop integrated solutions based on features, capabilities and ad hoc architectural systems.
Accumulate information to review work progress that provides input to reporting, decision making and the identification of improvement opportunities.
- Analyse ICT industry, market trends & Tax Agencies to determine the impact on SARS business and realign the ICT strategy and architecture accordingly.
- Drive programme prioritisation in accordance with organisational objectives.
- Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 10 years experience in the Architect environment
- Relevant IT related Bachelor’s Degree / Advanced IT Diploma (NQF 7) and 5 – 7 years’ experience in a similar environment, of which 2 – 3 years ideally at functional specialist level OR Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND Relevant IT Qualification (s) / Certification (s) (i.e. TOGAF, DAMA, Zachman framework, Cobit, ITIL, etc.), and 5 – 7 years’ experience in a similar environment
Company: South African Revenue Service (SARS)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A