Website South African Revenue Service (SARS)
To be responsible for the co-ordination, configuration programming, installation, and management of system hardware and software architectures, and related client services within the organisation. Implementing system architectures and for the identification and resolution of hardware and software technical problems with the potential to affect the successful execution of business transactions and ensuring a stable performance environment for the business processing system. The Specialist Systems Engineer work in both production and non-production environments, and be willing to do standby, and occasional overtime. These functions are specific to IBM Power Series hardware, and AIX V7 Operating Systems, and their components, inclusive of Firmware and Virtualisation, with support to Database, Application and 3rd Party teams.
- Provide specialist input through the investigation of opportunities for operational and process product and risk optimisation.
- Plan for value-added process improvements, initiatives and services to deliver on operational strategy and objectives.
- Communication of situational interpretation and judgement of work outputs and queries in area of specialisation.
- Accumulate information to review work progress that provides input to reporting, decision making and the identification of improvement
- Correctly apply policies, practices, standards, procedures and legislation in the delivery of work outputs.
- Contribute to a culture of service excellence, which builds positive relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Adhere to organisational policies and procedures to ensure cost effectiveness and reduction of financial costs
- Implement and provide input into the development of governance, compliance, integrity and ethics processes within area of specialisation
- Accumulate information to review work progress that provides input to reporting, decision making and the identification of improvement opportunities.
- Apply practical and applied knowledge and act authoritatively on methods, systems and procedures to identify trends and potential risks.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers and team members to achieve predefined objectives.
- Execute specialist input through investigation &opportunities within the product process including risk concern.
- Initiate process and procedural change, implement the change and provide guidelines and support related to new requirements as a result of the change.
- Draw on own knowledge and experience to diagnose symptoms, causes and possible effects in order to solve emerging problems.
- Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 10 years IT engineering related experience.
- Server Operating System and Hardware certification related to server support.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree / Advanced Diploma (NQF 7) in IT or related field with 5-7 years’ experience an IT engineering environment, of which 2-3 years ideally at Functional specialist level. OR Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND Relevant IT Qualification (s) / Certification (s), and 5 – 7 years’ experience in a similar environment AND additional requirements specified in Min Functional requirements, where applicable.
- IBM AiX Certified Engineer, GPFS, IBM PowerVC or relevant certification, or experience.
Company: South African Revenue Service (SARS)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A