Website South African Revenue Service - SARS
To independently plan and conduct complex audits across multiple tax types, multiple periods with multiple risks in specialised financial products, corporate restructurings and mergers & acquisitions transactions, understanding the risk implications across other tax types, in compliance with all legislative requirements.
- Lead, plan and conduct full scope (integrated) audits to ensure compliance and report on findings and recommendations.
- Correctly apply policies, practices, standards, procedures and legislation in the delivery of work outputs.
- Accumulate information to review work progress that provides input to reporting, decision making and the identification of improvement opportunities.
- Plan and conduct multiple tax audits on a risk profile basis to ensure compliance to the relevant acts.
- Draw on own knowledge and experience to diagnose symptoms, causes and possible effects in order to solve emerging problems.
- Communication of situational interpretation and judgement of work outputs and queries in area of specialisation.
- Provide specialist input through the investigation of opportunities for operational and process product and risk optimisation.
- Identify and resolve queries and problems timeously, apply discretion in line with process guidelines provided.
- Execute specialist input through investigation &opportunities within the product process including risk concern.
- Plan and organise own work tasks within area of work.
- Be observant and engage on possible violations of procedures and standards of conduct and escalate where necessary.
- Initiate process and procedural change, implement the change and provide guidelines and support related to new requirements as a result of the change.
- Effectively utilise resources allocated to the job in order to perform contracted work outputs and report on and escalate any shortfalls.
- Plan for value-added process improvements, initiatives and services to deliver on operational strategy and objectives.
- Apply practical and applied knowledge and act authoritatively on methods, systems and procedures to identify trends and potential risks.
- Drive for Results
- Drive for Results
- Analytical Thinking
- Persuasion Ability
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Honesty and Integrity
- Building Sustainability
- Attention to Detail
- Expertise in Context
- Organisational Awareness
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Fairness and Transparency
- Conceptual Thinking
Qualification & Experience:
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree / Advanced Diploma (NQF 7) AND 5-7 years ‘in specialised financial products, corporate restructurings and mergers & acquisitions transactions experience, of which 2-3 years ideally at functional specialist level
- Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 10 years in specialised financial products, corporate restructurings and mergers & acquisitions transactions experience
Company: South African Revenue Service – SARS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A