Website South African Revenue Service - SARS
To formulate tactical strategy and associated delivery plans related to a single practice area for IT Business Relations, by managing the analysis function that conducts the methodical investigation, analysis & documentation of all or part of a business area in terms of business functions and processes, and the information customers/clients use, ensuring practice integration and operational implementation through the achievement of the business area’s objectives.
- Ensure definition of requirements for improving aspect of the processes and systems, and the creation of viable specifications in preparation for the construction of information systems.
- Develop the means of improving service to, and relationships with, customers, and monitor the effectiveness of such measures.
- Manage the process of continual improvement in the provision of services, instigating remedial actions whenever necessary.
- Provide technical direction for the development, design, and systems integration for client engagement from definition phase through implementation.
- Manage the processes that drive value out of the ICT investment and ensure ROI by being a bridge between the functional business area and information systems development.
- Proactively identify interconnected problems, determine its impact and use to develop best fit alternatives, implementing best practice solutions.
- Work with user management to establish the contribution that can be made to business, drawing up requirement specifications, conducting feasibility studies, producing high level and detailed models, oversee development and implementing solutions.
- Implement tactical strategy and delivery plans through the development of operational activities, ensuring the achievement of operational targets.
- Partner with service provider and user management to undertake major reviews of SLAs, production and agreement of new SLAs and extensions to existing SLAs.
- Manage exceptions, slippage and issues of priority, and initiates extra activities wherever gaps in the programme are identified.
- Identify and assess options for the implementation of new or improved business processes and present them with recommendations, to decision makers at senior management level.
- Plan for handling work outputs, pull together interdependent activities & specify priorities, standards & procedures to ensure tactical implementation.
- Provide periodic reports on performance against plan & progress on short-term initiatives & use to realign tactical plan and objectives appropriately.
- Act as the bottom-line drivers of tactical implementation within the context of business unit excellence and performance improvement.
- Maintain the level of customer satisfaction, at regular intervals or after each significant delivery of product or service.
- Facilitate customers’ involvement in the continuous improvement of the products and services supplied to them.
- Direct, control, coordinate and optimise budgeted resources to meet specific objectives and deliver agreed results and productivity requirements.
- Business Acumen
- Business IT Systems
- Computer Literacy
- Effective Business Communication
- Functional Policies and Procedures
- Managerial Budgeting
- Planning, Management and Measurement
- Problem Analysis and Judgement
- System Thinking
- Tax Knowledge
Qualification & Experience:
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree / Advanced Diploma (NQF 7) AND 8-10 years’ experience in a technology environment, of which 5 years ideally at management level.
- Senior Certificate (NQF 4) OR Relevant IT Certification in IT (e.g. Information Technology, Business Analysis, TOGAF, ITIL, IT Business Relationship Management) AND 15 years related managerial/supervisory experience in a technology environment
Company: South African Revenue Service – SARS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A