Website Royal Mail
From scorching summer days to the depths of winter, our postal workers play a vital role, delivering the mail. It’s a physically demanding job
- Sort the mail for your route
- Check your vehicle and join a colleague for your round
- Spend between four and six hours delivering mail outdoors
- Work part-time hours between the hours of 13:00 and 18:00 ( Flexibility is required with this role, earliest start time is 07:00 and latest finish time 19:00)
- Cover periods of leave for a fixed number of routes (so you’ll need to be a bit flexible)
- Resilience: You will be able to work under pressure and with the public, acting as a friendly face that people know and trust.
- Good level of fitness: There’s up to six hours per day of walking, so you should relish a role that keeps you fit.
- Excellent organisation: You will need to be able to plan your round and make sure you complete all your deliveries in good time.
- Flexibility: You will be working in different areas covering your colleagues’ holidays, so you might need to adjust your working hours to match your round.
- Upbeat and self-motivated: You’ll be happy working solo as well as part of a team.
- Love of the outdoors: From rural farms to city apartments, corner shops to business parks, whatever the weather (and, this being Britain, it can get quite extreme) we’re there, six days a week. That means you’ll need to be happy being out and about.
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Distribution Supply Chain
Job Location: Livingston, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A