Website Queens University
This full-time (40 hours per week) Police Office position ensures the safety and security of Queens University of Charlotte’s campus community and comes in daily contact with students, faculty, staff, visitors, and vendors. Must have active BLET certification to be considered; local candidates only. This position is non-exempt from provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and is eligible to earn overtime pay for additional hours worked.
- Submit timely, accurate MIR reports
- Render immediate and temporary medical aid to injured and or ill persons in emergency situations.
- Provide crime prevention strategies, inspect university property for safety hazards, equipment malfunctions, unsecured doors or other unusual occurrences, refer victims to appropriate services, provide directions, escorts, vehicle and door unlocks assistance, operate necessary equipment.
- Respond to fire, intrusion, and security alarms and emergency calls boxes.
- Report any security breaches or suspected security issues
Maintain radio communications.
- Integrate Community Policing into routine patrol activity and apply COP concepts to resolve problems.
- Respond to all emergency calls including potentially violent and life-threatening situations.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new information
- Ability to prepare thorough and accurate written reports of activities and incidents with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Effective and diplomatic communication skills (oral and written) to interact in a courteous and professional manner with the students, faculty, staff, visitors, public, representatives of the legal system, Campus Police personnel.
- Law enforcement or security experience, preferably in a higher education setting
- Ability to maintain considerable working knowledge of modern policing principles.
- Ability to act and direct the actions of others quickly and make intelligent decisions in emergency situations.
- Familiarity with Title IX, Clery Act, VAWA, Campus SaVE Act
- Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) certification required (candidates without BLET certification will not be considered)
Company: Queens University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Stratford, CA
Application Deadline: N/A