Responsible to deliver pet parent service and grooming services to our pet parents and the pets in our care that align with our brand promise. This job is composed of a variety of different tasks that are covered by operational guidelines, and while individual judgment may occasionally be required in order to complete assigned tasks; most questions are directed to either the Grooming Salon Leader or the General Manager. Position is responsible for the welfare of all live animals within the department. GSL will report to the General Manager and collaborate to drive the business.
- Providing and keeping a clean and safe environment for the pets in our care in the salon
- Adhere to all Policies and Procedures.
- Interest in animal welfare
- Perform grooming services per pet parent instructions, ensuring the safety and well-being of animals
- Ensure OSE standards are maintained in the department
- Utilize grooming instruments including shears, clippers and dryers.
- Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with emphasis on company interests
- Must be able to move/lift animals and merchandise up to 30 pounds
- In addition, the applicant must have completed the Petco Pet Stylist Apprentice Program or a minimum of one year’s experience grooming/styling pets under the leadership of a professional groomer and must successfully complete a personal skills evaluation by a Petco Pet Stylist or Grooming Salon Manager.
Qualification & Experience:
- A qualified applicant to this position will demonstrate knowledge and skills in the grooming industry, and either a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED) is preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Portland, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A