Responsible for the efficient execution of merchandising to ensure consistency with product sets and signage displays in the store and when necessary across a group of stores in a Market or District. Reduce time spent on merchandising processes due to an increased familiarity of sets. Assist in the receiving of merchandise to and from the store and to ensure that all merchandise is accurately stocked and priced, and provide guest service, as necessary. This job is composed of a variety of different tasks which may be covered by operational guidelines, and while individual judgment may occasionally be required in order to complete assigned tasks, most questions are directed to the Merchandise Operations Leader, Store Leader and/or the Leader on Duty.
- Perform routine housekeeping tasks as required to maintain the professional image and appearance of the store, to include sweeping/mopping the floors, dusting, washing the windows, facing the merchandise on the shelves, bathroom maintenance, etc.
- Ability to be diligent in completion of time keeping, mileage calculations and expenses.
- Adhere to and promote established safety procedures.
- Move merchandise up to 50 pounds
- Analyze on-site/actual conditions in comparison to written plan, identify necessary corrections and recommend alterations as necessary and troubleshoot resolution. Coordination with Store/Field partners and/or Support Center departments/partners to ensure actual fixturing, floor plan set-up, stocking and merchandising is completed according to scheduled plan and if changes are made that they are properly communicated for all assigned locations.
- Participate in the completion of quarterly and annual physical inventory counts.
- Assist with the unloading, pricing and stocking of merchandise according to operational guidelines in order to ensure that the store is well stocked and that supply counts are accurate.
- Knowledge of the store product and strong merchandising and organization skills.
- May travel to a designated store group following a scheduled timeline to complete projects (such as; Category Reviews, Action Memos, Recalls, Resets, etc.)
- Verify that all pricing and inventory information is accurate, ensure that all merchandise is properly priced, that all SKU information is correct and that all required inventory control paperwork is competed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with emphasis on company interests
- Complete projects following policies & procedure; cleaning, planogram sets, proper labeling, signage & fixture needs of project, disposal of RTV items as a result of set, appropriate hazardous waste storage and clean up.
- Access to reliable transportation, proper liability insurance
- The majority of job duties are conducted indoors, although merchandise receiving, merchandise carry-outs, or stock balancing will require leaving the store briefly.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and pull 2000 lbs utilizing material handling equipment. Improper use of safety equipment and/or not following proper lifting techniques may pose of risk of injury to customers, pets, and store partners.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Patchogue, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A