The incumbent must be able to consistently perform all the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Demonstrates knowledge in nutrition, Pals Rewards membership sign-up, Welcome to the Family and effective suggestive selling techniques to increase sales.
- Ensures that store animals, birds, reptiles and fish receive the highest quality care, maintained in habits that are clean, safe, and secure, and that all reasonable and required steps are taken to maintain their good health.
- Assists in stocking and facing merchandise according to established standards.
- Performs all aspects of point-of-sale service, e.g. cash sales, credit and check sales, returns and exchanges. Performs the daily balance of cash drawer as necessary.
- Interacts professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with an emphasis on company interests.
- Alerts store leaders immediately if any animal, reptile, bird or fish is in need of medical attention or other special care.
- Ensures the health and well-being of live animals by providing the correct care in accordance with the established Petco standards, policies and procedures including the completion of the hourly animal health check and wellness cards.
- Assists in the loading, unloading and stocking of merchandise according to established procedures, in order to ensure that the store is well stocked and that inventory counts are accurate.
- Adheres to loss prevention policies.
- Ensures an exceptional guest experience for all Omni-channel initiatives, to include but not limited to Instacart, Extended Aisle and Repeat Delivery.
- Performs routine housekeeping tasks as required to maintain the professional image and appearance of the store, to include sweeping/mopping the floors, dusting, washing the windows, facing the merchandise on the shelves, restroom maintenance, etc.
- Completes cash register transactions as well as guest carry-out service consisting of merchandise weighing up to but not exceeding 50 pounds per trip.
- Provides prompt and courteous service to all Petco guests by determining their needs and sharing product knowledge to suggest the appropriate merchandise, and by effectively employing suggestive selling techniques to increase individual sales.
- The majority of job duties are conducted indoors, although merchandise receiving, merchandise carry-outs, or stock balancing will require leaving the store briefly. This position requires bending, kneeling, moving merchandise and standing for long periods of time.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and pull 2000 lbs utilizing material handling equipment. Improper use of safety equipment and/or not following proper lifting techniques may pose of risk of injury to customers, pets, and store personnel. Follow all safety precautions and procedures.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midvale, UT, US
Application Deadline: N/A