- Serve as direct partner to the HR Operation team to service the workforce by monitoring the HR Operations inbox and provide full back up when needed.
Responsible for State and Federal poster compliance for each store location and corporate office. Order posters as needed. Provide poster vender with store updates such as new store openings state specific poster prior to shipment to stores.
- Coordinates and assists in culture initiatives (i.e. event planning) on an as needed basis
- Supports in the investigation of EEOC claims on an as needed basis.
- Update on-boarding system as needed to maintain correct new hire paperwork and onboarding workflow.
- Responsible for standardizing and maintaining a virtual record keeping systems for employee records while protecting the confidentiality of the employee information when handling or retrieving records.
- Monitor ethics hotline to ensure that cases are handled timely and provide support as needed.
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) such as: I-9 compliance, record retention, and off-site record storage.
- Advise HR Partners and other internal HQ Departments regarding record documentation to ensure compliance within the organization’s practices, procedure, and policies. Facilitate record storage and retrieval from off-site storage area.
- Serve as a backup to the HR Manager to conduct New Hire Orientation for corporate new hires, exit interviews, and support low level ER cases on an as needed basis.
- Track compliance training throughout the organization to ensure timely delivery and completion.
- Maintain the records in a way that meets all the requirements for record retention standards per company policy, legal practices, and record destruction, such as coordinating and tracking all the purged HR records that are sent to off-site storage area.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain accurate and timely collection of I-9 forms for all active employees and recertify if needed using the eVerify system. Maintain legacy paper I-9s accordingly. Maintain in an organized manner the active and terminated paper I-9 documents and photo-match documents for eVerify cases. Conduct audits periodically. Print and mail Tentative Non-Confirmation Notices notices (TNC) and follow TNCs are completed within required time limit. Close eVerify cases. Purge paper I-9s as appropriate according to record retention requirements. Process terminations in eVerify using mass update utility.
Qualification & Experience:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Maintain a high-level of confidentiality.
- 3 – 5 years’ related Human Resources and Employee Relations experience
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups managers/supervisors, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Ability to write reports, executive summaries, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge of UKG HRIS system is a plus
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business reports, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- College degree preferred. PHR or SPHR certified is a plus
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Anaheim, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A