Website Old Mutual
The role forms part of the OML Applied Intelligence team, which is the central RPA, AI and Behavioural Economics capability for the group. This role is responsible for the development of robotic automated solutions, including the design, build, test, deployment, and Warranty phases of delivery, with the key objective of optimising business process to reduce operational costs and risk, whilst improving customer experience.
- Designs BluePrism process solutions in accordance with standard BluePrism design principles and conventions
- Communicates with Blue Prism on software related issues, suggesting improvements and participating with other users in the Blue Prism community
- Working within project planning constraints, communicating any identified project risks and issues to the delivery/project manager accordingly and providing inputs to the change control process.
- Overall Solution testing (functional, QA and Production)
- Manages the deployment of approved robotic code into the production environment
- Creates and documents test procedures and scenarios for the pre-UAT phases
- Manages and investigates level 1 RPA exceptions (infrastructure and process exceptions)
- Resolves level 1 RPA exceptions and escalates level 2 business exceptions to appropriate business units or coordinating Business Unit Operations Manager
- Supports operational and performance metrics reporting
- Supports the Operational Teams during the UAT and rollout phases
- Configures new BluePrism processes and objects using core workflow principles that are efficient, well structured, maintainable and easy to understand.
- Mentors colleagues through the BluePrism training and accreditation program – providing advice and guidance on best practice and development techniques
- Identifies and communicates technical infrastructure requirements
- Problem-solves issues that arise in day to day running of BluePrism processes and provide timely responses and solutions as required.
- Raise change requests or support calls where required
- Supports existing processes and implements change requirements as part of a structured change control process.
- Communicate with BluePrism on software related issues, suggested improvements and participating with other users in the BluePrism community.
- Assists in the provisioning of timely responses and solutions as required
- Knowledge of business process modeling and reengineering
- Ability to both understand a business process from a workflow diagram and to conceptualize it as an automated solution, Basic to average understanding of business processes
- Ability to blend business analysis with technical skillset to develop efficient processes
- Ability to work with related automation software, like Power Automate (Preferable)
- An interest in intelligent Process automation, including Robotic Process Automation and Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning.
- 1 -3 years’ experience with developing and implementing automated RPA (BluePrism preferable) processes as a certified developer, or openness towards learning new technologies.
- Possesses good communication skills with the ability to produce clear, concise documentation and present technical details to a non-technical audience
- Awareness of standard SDLC processes and project management frameworks (e.g., agile, waterfall, etc.) as well as change control disciplines
- BSc. Engineering or any Related IT degree
- Experience in developing and testing software on a Windows platform and adhering to a structured and documented methodology
Company: Old Mutual
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pinelands, Cape Town, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A