Website National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration
This position is located in the National Weather Service (NWS), Weather Forecast Office (WFO), with potential vacancies across the United States and its territories.
*Applicants currently occupying a 1340 series position in the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration and applying under competitive merit promotion procedures are covered under the “Exception” clause and DO NOT need to submit transcripts.
- Serve as the shift leader responsible for quality and timeliness of all National Weather Service (NWS) forecast and service products, warnings, and advisories prepared and issued by the Weather Forecast Office (WFO).
- Conduct a weather watch which involves interpretation of Doppler radar data, satellite imagery, and the analysis of other hydrometeorological data for the preparation of all WFO warning, forecast and service products, including individual briefings.
- Serve as the primary contact with other Federal, state, and local agencies such as Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), and emergency management and law enforcement officials over matters involving the initiation and implementation of immediate or emergency public health and safety measures based on NWS forecasts, warnings and watches.
- Handle general office administrative matters which may occur on shift including augmenting staff, approving overtime and leave.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply.
- Required to pass a background investigation and fingerprint check.
- Must be suitable for Federal employment.
- Must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable (www.sss.gov).
- Time-in-grade/band must be met by closing date of announcement.
Company: National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A