The Pharmacist will be responsible for the provision of medication and supplementary services to patients and members of the healthcare team. The incumbent will also assume responsibility for meeting patients’ needs in a responsible, satisfactory and costeffective manner.
- Dispensing of prescriptions
- Act as custodian for management of Schedule 5& 6 drugs as per legal requirements.
- Record prescriptions as per legislative requirements.
- Assist and offer advice on the usage, side effects, contra-indications, drug interaction and proper storage of medication to patients and other members of the healthcare team.
- Advise and provide information regarding general health matters, including the effective use of medicines, treatment of general diseases, primary health care, screening services, essential medication, mother and child healthcare services, family planning and immunisation.
- Assist with all aspects of ethical stock control including, re-ordering of stock, maintaining dedicated stock areas for organisation and expiry dates.
- Help to conduct cyclical and full stock takes.
- Update doctors and wards with regards to out of stock situations and offer alternatives.
- Supervise and guide Pharmacist Assistants
- Attend to Adhoc duties as assigned by the Pharmacy Manager
- Sound knowledge of Pharmacy business operations
- Ability to work well under pressure and to maintain effectiveness during changing conditions
- Ability to work effectively and co-operatively with others by establishing and maintaining good working relationships
- Ability to prioritize by managing time and resources to ensure that work is completed effectively
- Ability to produce work of a high quality standard by accurately checking processes and tasks
- Ability to maintain stable performance under pressure by handling stress in an acceptable way to personnel and the organisation.
- Building customer loyalty
- Quality orientation
Qualification & Experience:
- A relevant pharmaceutical qualification B.Pharm Degree or equivalent NQF 7 qualification.
- Registration with the South African Pharmacy Council.
- Recently qualified pharmacist encouraged to apply.
- Advanced computer literacy of (Unisolve , SAP exp)
- Work experience in a Hospital or Retail Pharmacy environment
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, SA
Application Deadline: N/A