The Delivery Driver plays a critical role in ensuring on-time, accurate, and safe deliveries, while providing exceptional service to our customers in their homes. This associate has the opportunity many times each day to leave a final positive impression with our customers and the purchasing experience. This associate builds positive relationships with customers every day and ensures their needs are met. Most of this associate’s day is spent driving, inspecting, loading and unloading merchandise, and assisting with installation.
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products customers need. As a Delivery Driver, this means:
- Verifying that merchandise is in good condition, accurately accounted for, and delivered to customers on-time.
- Inspecting delivery vehicles and ensuring the safety and security of the loading and unloading process.
- Being friendly, professional, and responding quickly to customer and associate needs.
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction).
- Valid Class A or Class B license (with airbrake endorsement).
- 3 months of experience operating a forklift or Moffett onloading/offloading a vehicle.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- 1 year of experience driving a semi-truck/trailer OR certification from a driving school.
- 6 months of experience performing in-home delivery OR retail customer service.
- Ability to comply with DOT and CDL regulations.
- Ability to pass MVR screen in accordance with company requirements.
- Valid medical certificate or ability to obtain one upon employment.
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: McAllen, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A