The aim of this new role is to increase the capacity to support and maintain the Guidewire & Thunderhead production and non-production infrastructure and software.
- Managing & supporting complex systems in the cloud.
- Driving optimisation of the DevOps environment through the use of automation.
- Providing direction to stakeholders impacted by DevOps operations and will also have to be the lead technical expert in various DevOps related domains in order to provide direction, approval and support as required.
- Serving as an escalation point for the technical roles in this team and for others who may need this support.
- Demonstrated leadership and management capabilities are key
- Stakeholder management as it relates to business and technical users at different levels in the organisation
- Ability to write technical instructions in the use of programs and / or program modifications
- Able to succeed through others
- Investigation and analysis of information
- Ability to accept accountability for actions and decisions
- Enterprise Systems Management
- Proficient in Solution architecture design and delivery (e.g. TOGAF)
- Communication of technical guidance and instruction to team members
- Planning and organisation
- Research and presentation skills
- Competent in problem solving and troubleshooting at application and networked infrastructure levels
- Must be able to work in a team focused highly pressurised and dynamic environment
Qualification & Experience:
- Solid experience working with and supporting complex systems deployed to cloud i.e. AWS
- Working experience with Linux (RHEL), Java, SQL Database, distributed web applications
- 5+ years’ IT development experience in Java
- Experience with Docker, Atlassian Suite, Bamboo
- Solid experience in application development, support and release management
- Experience in messaging middleware, web services, SOAP, REST, SOA, ESB, SMTP, FTP, secure FTP
- Minimum 5 years experience working with and supporting complex systems deployed to cloud i.e. AWS
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience within IT.
- Minimum of 5 years within a Lead role, managing complex hardware and software environments and teams.
- 5+ years’ software development experience in Java at a senior level.
- Solid experience with Docker, Atlassian Suite, Bamboo
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A