We are looking for an individual who is passionate about engagement and people development! This role is the ideal opportunity to gain exposure to all facets of the full HR function. As the Junior HR Generalist, you will be responsible for a variety of HR duties and related administration to ensure we maximise our people’s potential through performance and environmental support.
- Managing of Company events e.g., year-end party, team building, CSR, lunches, etc.
- Payroll management – tracking payroll movements, collecting proof, capturing on relevant system, ensuring 100% accuracy, communication to employees and management, assist with audit requirements, etc.
- Assist with ad-hoc HR projects and relieving Reception as and when required
- Assisting with the onboarding and induction process for new starters.
- Completing all HR related administration – filing, procurement, leave, training, employee life cycle events, notice boards, photo walls, calendar management (e.g., birthdays, probation dates, notice and termination dates, work anniversaries, benefits, team buildings, company presentations) etc.
- Managing labour relations (disciplinaries) and ensuring it is within the legal framework of the LRA, and any other relevant legislation for junior roles.
- Managing full recruitment process for junior roles – creating job descriptions, consulting with management, screening of CVs, conducting interviews, managing completion of psychometric assessments, communication to all stakeholders, closure of process, etc.
- Proactively research and implement employee engagement initiatives (and have a passion for doing so!). Acting as a promoter and actively participate in these initiatives.
- Manage HR service providers and related administration – e.g., medical aid, risk benefits, retirement annuity, payroll, EAP, etc.
- Updating and educating managers and employees on policies, procedures, handbook, HR systems, etc.
- Managing performance related tasks incl. probation periods with employees and managers.
- Assisting with mandatory reporting requirements e.g., Employment Equity, Seta.
- A degree, preferably in HR / Industrial Psychology
- Registration with HPCSA as a Psychometrist is advantageous
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in Human Resources
- Basic knowledge of the BCEA, LRA, and EEA.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A