The Commercial Director is responsible for the overall strategic management of the hotel by establishing effective working relationships with senior team members, in particular the General Manager, Director of Operations, Director of Finance and Director of Human Resources. This role provides support and advice to the General Manager in strategic planning and overall business goals relating to business development issues of the brand and the hotel, protecting and guarding corporate standards, brand integrity and hotel image.
- Supervise and drive the progress and implementation of marketing plans.
- Manage the internal operation of the department to ensure that the fixed assets and operational items of the department are well maintained.
- Manage human resources within the department, including selection of recruiters, training of department staff, team building, employee performance evaluation, etc.
- Develop marketing strategies and promotion plans to adjust to the market situation in real time.
- Participate in developing and implementing hotel and departmental policies and regulations.
- Conduct regular market research and obtain information about competitors.
- Set pricing strategies and sales targets for the hotel.
- Ensure efficient use of departmental resources.
- Develop the hotel’s annual / quarterly / monthly budget forecast and work plans, implementing them effectively.
- Manage customer relations and services, including customer needs, product and service knowledge, sales effectiveness, communication skills and customer feedback.
- Manage special projects and other related businesses.
- Responsible for the management of Sales, Banquet Sales, Revenue Management, Reservations, and Marketing Communications.
- Ensure that department staff are clear about the responsibilities assigned to them.
- Set clear objectives for business development, implement personal skill development, performance review trainings and other trainings.
- Assist the General Manager to complete all work related to revenue and marketing of the hotel, completing work assigned by the General Manager.
- Lead the hotel business team to achieve relevant key indicators, including but not limited to managing the hotel’s continued profitability, ensuring the hotel’s revenue and profit, and guest satisfaction to meet or exceed the standard requirements.
- Monitor and evaluate current initiated marketing activities and market dynamics.
- Take immediate corrective action when the interests of the department or hotel are jeopardized.
- Good English and Chinese reading and writing skills.
- Knowledgeable of and able to deal with crisis.
- Integrity: Do what you should do all the time.
- Able to lead, guide and develop employees.
- Leadership: Strive to be a leader in both your industry and your community.
- Able to effectively market and position the brand at desired levels.
- Able to assist the General Manager and Management in achieving the hotel’s overall business objectives.
- Hospitality: Volunteer to provide unparalleled hospitality.
- Now: Operate with urgency and discipline.
- Able to manage the Sales department.
- Able to formulate and implement operating budgets and business plans.
- Ownership: take responsibility for your actions and make decisions.
- Teamwork: Actively promote teamwork spirit in all work.
- Knowledgeable of political, economic and social issues, and market trends.
- Good communication, organizational and presentation skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 5 years of relevant management experience in international hotel chains.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Application Deadline: N/A