The Laundry Manager manages laundry operations and machinery facilities in line with Hilton and the hotel policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all items laundered and dry-cleaned are finished to the highest standard achievable and returned to guests or staff in immaculate condition.
- Responsible for careful handling of chemicals to avoid accidents.
- Establish records for production standards and training techniques.
- Responsible for laundry’s budget and cost control.
- Manage laundry training, assign work, and monitor the quality of the laundry and their quantities.
- Report directly to the Executive Housekeeper, keeping him advised of progress and practices.
- Train team members according to established procedures, disseminate information and assignments and conduct training meetings to discuss problems and future plans.
- Consult with supply agents for new and improved chemicals for dry cleaning and laundry for best results.
- Ensure all reporting and servicing deadlines are met on a timely basis.
- Adhere by the hotel’s policies and procedures, Hilton code of business conduct and the hotel’s team member handbook, security and emergency policies and procedures.
- Manage and investigate all complaints regarding customers’ clothes sent for laundry and put forward relevant solutions.
- Hold department briefings, informing assigned team members of new methods and management instructions.
- Inspect the entire area on productive methods and procedures used.
- Plan work and production schedules to meet housekeeping and food and beverage requirements.
- Confer with maintenance mechanics regarding repairs and replacement problems.
- Good communication, organizational and coordination skills.
- Able to maintain excellent relations with team members.
- Able to work under physical and mental pressure.
- Knowledgeable of all areas in the laundry operation such as washing, spotting, starching, dry-cleaning, pressing and laundry machine operation.
- Strong team player.
- Understand clothing materials and how to handle them.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School degree.
- At least 2 years of experience in the same position in a 5-star international branded hotel or comparable industry related experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Application Deadline: N/A