The core responsibilities of an Accounting Supervisor- Payable are audit, processing and timely payment of all hotel payments, preparation of cost analysis, payment forecast and other reporting information as necessary.
- Account for and audit all purchase orders, receiving records, suppliers’ invoices and credit notes and all outgoing shipments.
- Minimize the risk of accidents and workers compensation costs by ensuring the correct work practices are used and that the area is safe from hazards.
- Review all payments (including payroll) by cheque, bank transfer or other means and forward to Director of Finance for approval and signature.
- Ensure all signed cheques (pending for distribution to the suppliers) are kept in the Financial Controller’s safe and maintain a proper log for the records.
- Ensure that any passwords or codes associated with payment mechanisms are not disclosed to unauthorized personnel.
- Ensure all information relating to bank account details and balances are treated as confidential.
- Record all vouchers including cancelled ones in the voucher lists.
- Properly record, reconcile and prepare invoices for payment ensuring that correct general ledger codes and cost centre codes have been used.
- Maintain an adequate and up to date filing system.
- Ensure that the best rates are used where possible for payments in foreign currency.
- Process and apply the hotel tax on time to ensure the tax submission is on time.
- Balance suppliers’ monthly statements to the hotel’s accounts payable records.
- Ensure the accurate and timely input of data to the accounts payable ledger.
- Post all transactions (vouchers) and stamp “POSTED” after completion.
- Handle all requests and enquiries in a timely, efficient and friendly manner.
- Follow up with hotel suppliers on missing invoices or credit notes.
- Ensure that all invoices have been approved by relevant Department Head or person with appropriate level of authority prior to payment.
- Ensure that cheques and other payment instruments are used in numerical order.
- Ensure that all invoices forwarded for approval or payment have all supporting documentation attached.
- Flexible in relation to working hours, especially at month end.
- Good communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, etc.
- Attention to details and good interpersonal skills.
- Possess system skills in Check SCM, SUN.
- Proficient in English
Qualification & Experience:
- 3-4 years of relevant experience.
- University degree and above, majoring in Finance / Accounting.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
Application Deadline: N/A