Website Georgia Pacific
Georgia-Pacific has an opening for a Process Engineer at our plywood mill in Prosperity, South Carolina. The Process Engineer will be responsible for creating and implementing strategies to optimize on-going operations while working injury-free/incident-free in a batch manufacturing environment consistent with our Market Based Management (MBM) philosophy and framework. You will be an integral part of the technical and operations teams that are challenged to manufacture high quality products while eliminating waste. We seek creative and inventive individuals that can conceptualize and profitably engage quality measurements to further improve our products for our customers.
- Develop and apply strategies to optimize on-going operations using the automation platform in conjunction with the operations, maintenance, and engineering teams at the mill.
- Collaborate with key site and divisional personnel to value and prioritize identified opportunities and outline execution strategies accordingly.
- Supervise and coordinate production efforts that result in sustained improvement in all associated work processes including:
- Environmental, Health, & Safety (EHS) Compliance, Reliability, Quality, Production, and Costs
- Use Data Analytics and a structured approach to problem solving.
- Support value creation efforts by analyzing process performance and developing key metrics to promote process improvement in safety, environmental, production, quality, value, and yield performance.
- Monitor product quality and contribute to the overall direction and success of the mill.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- 2 years of experience as a Process Engineer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline (or pending degree completion in Spring 2021)
- Experience with data analytics and statistics – college classes are sufficient
- 2 years of experience working in a continuous industrial manufacturing process
- Experience in a wood products environment
Company: Georgia Pacific
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Columbia, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A