Website FNB South Africa
To provide IT expertise, advice and leadership in the design, creation, testing and documentation of new and enhanced applications and systems in accordance with agreed framework of programming standards. To assist in the development of IT operational implementation plans and associated IT processes, methods, and techniques.
- Supervises the work of other developers. Provides technical assistance to fellow developers and other Information Technology (IT) team members.
- Produce technical specifications and architecture that is in accordance to agreed standards.
- Increase operational efficiency and suggest solutions to enhance cost effectiveness.
- Assess, identify, and mitigate potential risks within the IT programming environment by complying with technology business policy and process requirements (SDLC and change / release management process definition) to ensure operational performance.
- Proactively engage with business units and colleagues to understand underlying needs and opportunities and identify Information Technology (IT) innovative solutions in a timely manner.
- Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, SME’s, project managers and senior staff members by providing input to business requirements and being able to present and sell concepts to clients.
- Monitor systems post change and pro-actively do performance analysis to ensure there is no system failure due to capacity.
- Maintain maximum system availability by ensuring that incidents are recorded for future reference and adequate root cause analysis is done to eliminate the risk of a recurrence.
- Produce program specifications and implement system enhancements by addressing specific business needs and resolving queries.
- Support development environments.
- Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions by resolving queries fast end effectively.
- Minimize system downtime through pro-active identification of potential issues and ensure minimization of recurring problems by managing defects and performing code reviews.
- Design, code, test, and debug to obtain a robust solution with supporting documentation.
- Comply, understand, and implement all steps within IT development and meet governance in terms of legislative and audit requirements during programming execution.
- Responsible for coding standards and peer reviews.
- Code, compile, test and implement applications in compliance with the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Manage own development to increase own competencies and develop technical and business skills
- SOAP and Restful Services
- Agile Development Methodology
- Atlassian tools, Jira, Confluence
- Knowledge in Java 8 or latest version
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum: B. Com, B. Eng., BSc Eng., BSC Informatics or related degree.
- System Design experience advantageous
- 6 years+ experience in programming and system design
- requirements of the department related to the field.
- Familiar with one or more programming languages as appropriate for the specific
Company: FNB South Africa
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: City of Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A