Website FNB South Africa
Provide an independent monitoring service on regulatory risk compliance to ensure the business complies with key regulations and standards and minimize risks.
- Advise on and provide support to stakeholders in relation to the execution of the practice relevant legislation, frameworks, processes and tools.
- Providing expert input to committees on compliance related matters to ensure informed decision making.
- Continuously assess own performance, seek timely and clear feedback and request training where appropriate and needed.
- Appropriate review of policies and minimum operating standards for relevance, appropriateness and effectiveness.
- Provides an advisory service and consults with business in order to recommend controls and processes to ensure legislative compliance.
- Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ensure meaningful, timely, concise & comprehensive reporting of monitoring findings and associated regulatory risks to governance committees and relevant stakeholders.
- Performing audit testing and completing documentation of planning, testing and findings made in line with the Compliance methodology.
- Comply with governance in terms of legislative and policy requirements.
- Facilitation of risk assessment and evaluation of the effectiveness of established controls
- Ongoing monitoring of business compliance to the control frameworks, reporting and escalation of incidents of non-compliance including follow up on implementation of agreed corrective measures. Able to design and implement end to end monitoring reviews including scoping, drafting of working papers, conducting fieldwork, management engagement and reporting.
- Supporting the evidencing and embedding of the Regulatory Risk Management controls into business processes and platforms.
- Plan and manage performance, skills development, succession and talent management and culture of team in order to improve performance and competence.
- Build and sustain collaborative working relationships with relevant peers and stakeholders in order to achieve productivity synergies.
- The development and implementation of compliance related campaigns in order to create awareness of the importance of compliance as well providing staff and business with knowledge and skills related to compliance.
- Contribute to a culture of customer service excellence, which builds positive relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Ensures that emerging legislation and the changes in relevant regulations are appropriately interpreted for impact analysis, internal monitoring plans, working papers and practices are aligned accordingly tracked.
- Experience – At least 3 to 5 years’ relevant experience in Compliance and Banking
- Minimum Qualification – Bachelor of Commerce Degree or Advanced Diploma in Risk Management
- Preferred Qualification – Relevant Qualification in Compliance/Legal/Audit/Risk
- B.Com/LLB or Advanced Diploma.
- At least 3 – 5 year’s experience in a financial institution.
- At least 3 year risk experience or related (e.g. Audit).
Company: FNB South Africa
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A