Website FNB South Africa
A Chief Operating Officer is responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the business and reporting them to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) as dictated by the overall strategy. Monitoring the daily operations of the company. Development, design, operation, and improvement of the systems that create and deliver the business products/services and to focus on operations improvement.
- Implementation of a Business aligned strategy to balance short term growth of Business Unit with long term sustainability of Business and FNB Group
- Manage Cost to Income to increase profitability and efficiencies for the Business
- Research and identify new entrants in the relevant industries (mobile, payments, finance etc)
- Develop a deep understanding of the technical trends, commercial market, competition and trends in the Business market
- Enable Enduring, rewarding relationships through the definition, creation and socialisation of an FNB Business aligned and integrated Business
- Unit customer (Sales and Service) delivery strategy in support of the FNB Brand
- Monitor changes in legislation, regulations, initiatives and relevant industry practices. Ensure drafting and implementation of appropriate interventions. Ensure compliance with audit requirements for the Business
- Assess opportunities and threats from these entrants
- Balance short term growth of Business Unit with long term sustainability of Business and FNB Group
- Improve Business decisions by providing accurate and reliable business intelligence (information) together with analyzing trends and data
- Execute the Business people strategy that nurtures talent and embraces the values, culture and philosophy of entrepreneurship, accountability and innovation in order to meet current and future business needs
- Definition and communication of an aligned Business strategy to optimise efficiencies, innovation, process improvements, technology, governance, etc.
- Achievement of net profit growth for Business
- Hold direct reports in the Business accountable for the implementation of Leadership Strategy that drive behaviour towards high performance
- Translate Business strategies into actionable goals and execute relevant projects / initiatives aligned to strategic objectives with specific performance measures and control systems to track progress.
- Minimum Qualification – Relevant Post Graduate
- Preferred Qualification – Relevant Masters Degree
- Experience – 8 to 12 years experience in a similar environment of which 3 to 4 years ideally at executive management level
Company: FNB South Africa
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A