To provide a quality service to EK and Code share passengers in respect to check-in, boarding, special services and baggage services as per company commercial and safety standards and procedures so that EK and code share passengers and their baggage are handed in a consistent and efficient manner.
- Collect briefing sheet and staff allocation, check all the counters equipments and stationary, report technical fault to Mercator through EMACS
- Provide a proactive service to passengers prior to check-in such as, managing queues, removing old baggage tags, handling denied boarding passenger, staff passengers, helping families, identifying those with special needs and code share passengers, so that they are directed to the relevant check-in counters and are handled efficiently.
- Initiate boarding at the gates, following laid down boarding priorities, announcements, hand baggage removal, flight coupon reconciliation and head count confirmation in order to assist the process for a safe and on time departure of EK flights. For flights boarding from remote, ensure the handling procedure applies.
- Deliver an efficient service at the transfer desks for arriving EK passengers who are connecting to another EK / OAL flights by verifying that their baggage details are recorded in MACS (Mercator Airport Check-in System) prior to checking in passenger and issuing boarding cards and meal voucher where appropriate so that the transfer passengers are processed accurately and expeditiously.
- Fully adhere to all operational procedures (SOP) with regards to travel, immigration and safety regulations.
- Identify and meet the standard and special service requirements of the passengers at check-in, transfer desk, special services and boarding gates by adhering to the set service standards and procedures so that the passengers are handled in a friendly and efficient manner
- Ascertain the handling requirements of the various categories of passengers (e.g. unaccompanied minors, wheelchair, elderly and incapacitated etc.) then ensures that appropriate special services and facilities are provided to meet the special services requirements of the customers.
- Provide cover for role above when operational requirements demand this i.e. `Act Up’
- Knowledge of airline passenger and baggage handling (preferable).
- Command ov er spoken and written Arabic (preferable)
- Should have had 2 years experience in a customer service role.
- 12 Years schooling or equivalent:
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A