Website Durban University of Technology - DUT
The University’s ultimate goal is to contribute towards improving the lives and livelihoods of all its people, both internal and external. DUT consistently strives towards excellence and greatness in teaching-learning and in
- Preparation and development of teaching materials and provide academic support to facilitate student success Involvement in curriculum development, particularly towards the development of new programmes/qualifications and short-courses;
- Teaching and assessment of modules/subjects in the Department of Basic Medical Sciences, with a strong emphasis on Public Health and Human Physiology (at a basic level);
- Undertake research activities within the Department and Faculty, including the supervision of post-graduate students;
- Represent the department as necessary on institutional committees and professional forums;
- Involvement in community engagement initiatives organised by the department/faculty and aligned with one’s area of specialisation/expertise;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head of Department.
- Administrative and auxiliary duties in line with the above functions;
- Evidence of substantial grant acquisition.
- Evidence of National and International partnerships/collaborations through Teaching and/or Research and Engagement.
- Experience in research supervision (successful master’s and Doctoral supervision)
- Master’s degree in Public Health or evidence of publications in this area
- At least 10 years lecturing experience at a Higher Education Institution
- A strong research publication record, preferably in high impact journals.
- Doctoral Degree in any health-related discipline.
Company: Durban University of Technology – DUT
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A