Website Duke Energy
The successful candidate must have a thorough understanding of the commands and syntax required to configure a variety of Cisco routers and switches, as well as, supporting systems used to maintain these devices. In addition, the candidate must possess or develop a strong understanding of North American Electric Reliability Corporation Critical Infrastructure Protection (NERC CIP) reliability standards, the Duke Energy IT503 Cybersecurity Program, and the type of evidence required to demonstrate compliance with both. A keen attention to detail and follow up, coupled with a continuous questioning attitude are imperative.
- Works independently with little direct supervision
- Effectively uses skills and experience to identify and improve processes to meet regulatory compliance requirements.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of Access Control Lists (ACL’s), Object Groups, VLANs, Trunking, Port Configuration, Operating Systems, and IP Addressing required to configure and maintain data network devices.
- Understands and adheres to established Change Request, Incident Management, and Inventory Control processes.
- Engages with project and maintenance activities to understand potential NERC-CIP impacts and provide guidance to ensure compliance.
Demonstrates working knowledge of NERC CIP compliance controls
- Ability to produce evidence that demonstrates compliance with NERC CIP reliability standards and the Duke Energy IT503 Cybersecurity Program.
- Participates in periodic audit reviews facilitated by either internal compliance teams, external auditing organizations, or regional electric reliability councils.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university OR four years of equivalent direct work- related experience in lieu of a degree.
- Two or more years in information technology showing a demonstrated competency in delivering efficient and effective solutions supporting diverse and complex data networking systems.
- Experience with the configuration and maintenance of Cisco Routers and Switches.
- Experience with OpenGear Remote Management appliances.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability and willingness to share information and transfer knowledge to others.
- Strong team player with the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and assignments
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: High Point, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A