Website Duke Energy
The Engineering Technologist III position is the third level of the non-Engineer degreed technical support role. An Engineering Technologist III provides technical expertise to solve more complex problems and leadership skills to provide oversight and direction of work in a specific area of expertise, with some supervision. Employees in the Engineering Technologist III position are expected to develop advanced skills and the ability to work with a high degree of independence.
- Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities,
- Independently prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches,
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills,
- Supports the company’s goals and represents the company positively and professionally
- Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling, and monitoring of work activities,
- Strives to continually improve job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance,
- Conducts engineering and related studies,
- Provides deep technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems in area of expertise,
- Maintains accurate records and files,
- In addition to required degree, 5 years related work experience
- Able to effectively apply basic principles of project management.
- Experience working with Maximo
- Associates degree in Engineering Technology
- In lieu of Associates degree(s) AND 5 year(s) related work experience listed above, High School/GED AND 9 year(s) related work experience
- Utility experience
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering Technology
- Experience in the utility industry.
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Greensboro, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A